Roofing Contractors Available for the Dayton, OH Area
And Serving the Entire Miami Valley
***** Roofing is our Specialty *****
Let Buckeye Home Services inspect your roof
and get a free written estimate to you.
Tear offs – Layovers – Flat Roofs
Dimensional – 3-Tab – Rubber – Metal
20yr – Lifetime Warranties
Click on products for more information.
Do you need a roof repair? Replacement?
A professional from Buckeye Home Services will be sent out to look at your roof. We understand that a roof is one of the most important elements on a house, protecting the house from the environment. There are several signs that it’s time to replace your roof. The first is how old is your roof. Are you seeing algaue growth, or loss of granules? Second, the condition of the roof. Are you having leaks , curled tiles, missing shingles, these are signs of a roof ready to be replaced. Third, valleys deteriorate quicker because this or these areas hold water and snow longer.
When it comes to leaks, you may see a leak in a ceiling or wall, and it will show a stain. This can cause mold and mildew growth and can be caused by poor attic ventilation, inadequate shingle underlayment, or deteriorated flashing. There are many reasons not to neglect the roof, being wise to problems can prevent their escalation. It does not matter if your house is old or new, if you are having these problem or signs you need to have your roof looked at.
Ice dams is a ridge of ice that forms at the edge of a roof and prevents melting snow (water) from draining off the roof. The water that backs up behind the dam can leak into a home and cause damage to walls, ceilings, insulation and other areas.
Mold, mildew, and air quality: Moisture entering the home from ice dams can lead to the growth of mold and mildew. These biologicals can cause respiratory problems. It is important that the growth of mold and mildew be prevented. Action needs to be taken to clean the home environment and maintain its air quality.
Any person on the roof during the winter or performing work on the roof from below is risking injury and risking damage to the roof and house. It is important to contact professionals to carry out this job.
When we look at your roof we inspect not only the shingles, for sign of aging or missing, but also we inspect:
- All valleys for cracks.
- All storm collars at pipes to make sure they are sealed.
- We also check to make sure the gutters and downspout have no blockage. Gutters are prone to blockage, especially in winter when ice jams push water back up under the roofing material and damage fascia boards.
- All flashings. (Damage flashing can cause leaking.)
- All attic vents for holes or cracks: Heat: In hot weather, proper ventilation prevents the attic from becoming a hot-box that radiates unwanted heat down through the attic floor into the living area. Attic temperatures can reach 150 degrees. Moisture: In cold weather, proper ventilation helps prevent moisture from condensing on the insulation, rafters, and roof deck. Trapped moisture can rot wood members and rob insulation of its R-value. Where ventilation is not adequate, shingles deteriorate twice as fast as shingles over well ventilated air spaces. Roof design determines the type of vent system needed. Some hip roof designs do not have adequate ridge line to allow proper net free square inches when using ridge vents.
- We inspect rubber boots for dry rot.
- We check to make sure proper shingle overhangs at gutters and eves.
We take pictures when we are up there so we can show you what problems are on your roof.
We also work on:
- Rubber Roofing / TPO-PVC systems and Flat Roofs
- Built up roofs
- All types metal roofing
- Wood shake
- Repairs & leaks
- Firestone and Mulehide EPDM Roofing
- Industrial strength roof coatings
* Residential and Commercial – Full Repair Service – 24hr Emergency Service